The TTM Worker course is intended for those assisting with maintaining a Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) worksite under supervision of the STMS. It begins with a classroom based session followed by a practical assessment which is delivered on a live training site. This course is a prerequisite to the Traffic Management Operative (TMO) Course.
Assessed through Unit Standards 31958.
This is not a Waka Kotahi NZTA warranted course.
Who is it for ?
A worker who assists with temporary traffic managements under direction of the STMS, such as installing, maintaining and removing traffic management worksites, and operating Stop/Go paddles, portable traffic booms, or manually controlled portable traffic signals.
It is also the starting point for anyone wishing to move on to any of the following roles:
- STMS Cat A, B or C,
- Traffic Operations Manager,
- TTM Mentor, TTM Assessor or TTM Trainer,
- TTM Planner, TMP Approver, TTM Auditor, Traffic Management Coordinator or Corridor Manager.
Any there any prerequisites ?
None. If you have no experience in working with temporary traffic management it is recommended you do the General Worker qualification first as a short introduction to the industry
What does it teach you to do ?
- Knowledge of the TTM Worker’s roles and responsibility, including:
- No go zones (including safety zones)
- Manual handling/lifting of TTM equipment
- Using a Stop/Go paddle
- Using radio communications
- Set out TTM equipment
- The role of a spotter
- Interaction with people (good/bad practices and dealing with conflict).
- About Traffic Management Planning (TMP)
- Site Traffic movements with a Vehicle Management Plan (VMP)
- Skills in performing the TTM Worker role.