Site Traffic Management Specialist – Category A/B | Practical Assessment
STMS Management Specialist Course A/B
The STMS Cat A/B course is required for those needing to actively manage Temporary Traffic Management works on category A and B roads.
- A Category A road is defined as a single lane with speeds less than or equal to 60kph;
- A Category B road is single lane speeds 70km/h or more and includes passing lanes (but not motorways or expressways).
Assessed through Unit Standards 31963.
This is a Waka Kotahi NZTA Warranted role.
Who is it for?
The STMS Cat A/B (Practicing) course is for those who have completed their STMS A/B NP and need to supervise worksites on Category A/B roads.
You will be trained and assessed on the key elements for these roads, and on successful completion will be awarded the full practicing STMS A/B.
Any there any prerequisites?
The STMS Cat A/B NP Course.
One day of practical.
What does it teach you to do?
People who successfully complete the STMS Category A/B (Cat A/B) training will know:
- the key requirements for planning, managing and setting out worksites on Cat A and Cat B roading environments.
- have demonstrated their competence via assessment in actively managing a range of live worksites on these roads.
- how to locate information in the CoPTTM relating to Cat A and Cat B roading environments.
Upcoming STMS Cat A/B courses
The STMS Cat A/B course is run on demand, so we can work around your busy schedule! For more information or to book your STMS training, contact us for more information.
STMS Category A/B Training NZ FAQ
A category A/B STMS is a Site Traffic Management Specialist who actively manages temporary traffic management works on category A and B roads.
To get your STMS Cat A/B certification, you must complete the STMS Cat A/B NP course as a prerequisite, before attending the TTMTC Site Traffic Management Specialist assessment.
The STMS Cat A/B certification is valid in NZ for three years. STMS Refresher courses are available and are an additional one-day classroom-based course, followed by a one-day practical assessment.
The STMS Cat A/B assessment is a one-day commitment to the practical assessment.