Site Traffic Management Specialist – Category A/B
The STMS Cat A/B course is required for those needing to actively manage Temporary Traffic Management works on category A and B roads.
- A Category A road is defined as a single lane with speeds less than or equal to 60kph;
- A Category B road is single lane speeds 70km/h or more, and includes passing lanes (but not motorways or expressways).
Assessed through Unit Standards 31963.
This is a Waka Kotahi NZTA Warranted role.
Who is it for ?
The STMS Cat A/B (Practicing) course is for those who have completed their STMS A/B NP and needs to supervise worksites on Category A/B roads.
You will be trained and assessed on the key elements for these roads, and on successful completion will be awarded the full practicing STMS A/B.
Any there any prerequisites ?
The STMS Cat A/B NP Course.
One day of practical.
What does it teach you to do ?
People who successfully complete the STMS Category A/B (Cat A/B) training will know:
- the key requirements for planning, managing and setting out worksites on Cat A and Cat B roading environments.
- have demonstrated their competence via assessment in actively managing a range of live worksites on these roads.
- how to locate information in the CoPTTM relating to Cat A and Cat B roading environments.
This course is run on demand. Please contact us for more information.