STMS – Cat A/B NP
The STMS Cat A/B NP course is intended for those workers needing to understand Temporary Traffic Management works on category A and B roads.
- A category A road is defined as a single lane with speeds less than or equal to 60kph;
- A Category B road is single lane speeds 70km/h or more, and includes passing lanes (but not motorways or expressways).
It is assessed through US 31962.
This is a Waka Kotahi NZTA Warranted role.
Who is it for ?
The STMS Cat A/B NP course is for anyone new to the STMS role who has achieved STMS-U competency and is intending to be the STMS on category A/B roads.
You will be trained on the key elements for these roads, leading to the skills to competently manage worksites under the next level – the full STMS.
Any there any prerequisites ?
The STMS-U course for any STMS level expired for more than 12 months.
One day of theory.
What does it teach you to do ?
Theory and processes relevant for the role Category A/B specific information for:
- Static operations
- Mobile operations and closures
- Semi static operations and closures
- Inspections/special activities
- Emergency and and incident response scenarios